The results we hope to achieve by the end of the project are detailed below:
• Develop the expertise in order to design efficient restoration strategies for those ecosystems affected by fires.
• Have an ongoing restoration programme up and running for burnt areas.
• That all endangered species of fauna and flora that have been affected, should no longer be under the threat of extinction they currently find themselves in.
• Develop the expertise in order to design efficient prevention and extintion strategies against fires for these ecosystems.
• Have the necessary measures set up to reduce the incidence of fires, and be able to effectively deal with fires should they occur.
• Make La Gomera public at large understand and be aware of the problems of forest fires and their effects and implications on the laurel forest ecosystems and their surrounding areas.